Swing dance, masquerade ball help St. Pete/Clearwater ring in 2012 in style
Friday, December 30, 2011
St. Pete/Clearwater, FL (December 30, 2011) - Every year thousands of residents pack downtown St. Petersburg for the First Night celebration. And as the song goes, they'll take a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne---but there won't be any alcohol in that cup.
That's because the annual event is an alcohol-free affair ideal for families looking to ring in the New Year.
A pair of local favorites, Suite Caroline, and the Vodkanuts, headline an impressive list of performers set to appear at this year's event. Aimed to enhance the area's already rich cultural background, First Night features an assortment of family-oriented musical acts, dramatic performances, dances and games along St. Pete's sparkling bayfront.
Kids will love the firework displays---scheduled for 9 p.m. and Midnight---that burst and boom over Tampa Bay, illuminating palm-flanked views of yachts moored in Florida's largest municipal marina.
As part of the celebration, the St. Pete Pier will be buzzing with live music, face painters, circus performers and more.
Admission to Florida's largest First Night celebration is just $10. For more information, visit http://www.visitstpeteclearwater.com/listings/17150/?event_id=16854#even...
Below is a sampling of some other New Year's Eve events to be found in the St. Pete/Clearwater area:
* Dance into 2012 with a lesson and live music from 8 p.m. to 12:20 a.m. at the Gulfport Casino. Party favors, snacks and a champagne toast will be served. The cost for the evening is $22. For more information, visit http://www.mygulfport.us/City_Calendar/Events2.htm#/?i=1.
* St. Pete's Coliseum will host a swing dance party from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Dance the night away before a Midnight countdown and balloon drop. Cash bar will be available. Tickets are $22 for general admission. For more information, visit http://www.visitstpeteclearwater.com/listings/7145/?event_id=17163#event...
* Get down with New Year's Disco Eve at St. Pete's Mahaffey Theater. Bring your dancing shoes and enjoy the hits performed by Gloria Gaynor, Sister Sledge and Maxine Nightingale. Tickets start at $75. For more information, visit http://www.visitstpeteclearwater.com/listings/7377/?event_id=16670#event...
* Break out your favorite mask and ring in 2012 with a Masquerade Ball at The Venue in Clearwater. Enjoy party favors, champagne toast, musical entertainment and more. For more information, visit http://thevenueclub.com/index.php?option=com_eventlist&Itemid=42&func=de...
* Spend New Year's Eve in Dunedin at the Chic-A-Boom Room in delightful downtown. Enjoy live music by the Black Honkeys and DJ's Gus and Luis and a champagne toast at midnight. For more information, visit http://www.kellyschicaboom.com/.
* Shephard's Beach Resort on Clearwater Beach will feature three New Year's Eve parties with an open bar, two bands, two DJs, Vegas-style gaming tables, champagne toast and more. For more information, visit http://www.Shephards.com/.
* Party under the stars at St. Pete Beach's Postcard Inn. Enjoy live music, dancing, desserts and drink specials. For more information, visit http://www.PostcardInn.com/.
Visit St. Pete/Clearwater is the destination marketing organization for Pinellas County, Florida.
Connect with VSPC on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
For more information: VisitStPeteClearwater.com
Contact: Public Relations Manager Josh Hall: Josh@VisitSPC.com
# # #