Family-friendly celebrations begin tomorrow in St. Pete/Clearwater
Thursday, July 1, 2010
St. Pete/Clearwater, FL (July 1, 2010) – Bring a blanket, a picnic basket and your oohs and aahs as the St. Pete/Clearwater area celebrates Independence Day with a slew of family-friendly events spanning the area from Safety Harbor to Gulfport.
No fewer than eleven spectacular pyrotechnic displays will dazzle crowds from the beach to the Bay, while strains of oldies, rock and blues will provide a festive soundtrack. Whether it’s catching a baseball game in Dunedin, the Pops concert in Clearwater’s Coachman Park, or helping to break a world record in Largo, you’re bound to find an event to spark your interest.
Below is a quick rundown of just some of the action to be found this weekend in the St. Petersburg/Clearwater area. For more complete details and links to specific sponsoring organizations, check out this area Fourth of July guide.
• Freedom Fest in Pinellas Park (July 2) – Why wait until Sunday to celebrate? Friday’s Freedom Fest will have live music by New World Sun and Among the Thirsty, food, crafts, kids’ activities and fireworks from 12 to 10 p.m. in Town Square Park Plaza.
• Fireworks in Dunedin (July 3) – There’s nothing more American than baseball! See the Dunedin Blue Jays take on the Brevard County Manatees at Dunedin Stadium at 4:15 p.m. Stick around after the game for a free concert by the De Lei’ed Parrots and a fireworks show. Tickets are just $3.
• Redington Shores Fireworks (July 3-4) - Redington Shores is famous for its long pier, which serves as the perfect backdrop for a fireworks display set to take place shortly after dusk in the county beach park.
• St. Pete Beach Fireworks (July 4) - Bring your blanket and a picnic basket and settle in for the evening to enjoy fireworks at the beach. Launched along the Gulf of Mexico, you'll enjoy the show starting at dusk.
• Madeira Beach Fireworks (July 4) - This explosive event is expected to last 20 to 30 minutes during which nearly 4,000 rounds of fireworks will be set off. The display will be fired from the city recreation park next to the City Hall complex.
• Treasure Island Beach Blast (July 4) - Enjoy a delicious BBQ while watching fireworks on the beach.
• Clearwater Celebrates America (July 4) - Spend the afternoon at beautiful Coachman Park with the Mostly Pops Orchestra with John and Mary K. Wilson at 7:30 p.m. A spectacular fireworks show will follow at 9:30 p.m. Gates open at 4 p.m. and admission is free.
• Fourth of July Extravaganza at The St. Pete Pier (July 4) – A full day of family festivities will take place at the Pier. The Daniel B. Marshall Band, Juggler Bob, Fast Lane and Save the Radio will provide the entertainment before a booming fireworks show at 9 p.m.
• Largo Fourth of July Celebration (July 4) – The celebration begins in Largo’s Central Park at 6 p.m. where food, entertainment, interactive activities for kids and a fireworks display are on tap. Visitors can also help break the Guinness Book of World Records mark for the largest number of people doing "The Twist" at the same time!
• Get to Gulfport (July 4) – Beginning at 4 p.m., a diverse variety of vendors line Beach Boulevard and Shore Boulevard before live music and an old-fashioned parade energizes the crowd. A fabulous fireworks display over the pier caps off the night.
• Safety Harbor Celebration (July 4) – Enjoy live entertainment, food, a children’s area and fun for the whole family at the Safety Harbor Marina. The fireworks will blast off at 9 p.m.
Visit St. Pete/Clearwater is the destination marketing organization for Pinellas County, Florida.
Connect with VSPC on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
For more information: VisitStPeteClearwater.com
Contact: CVB Assistant Director David Downing: David@VisitSPC.com
# # #