Website Listing Guidelines

Guidelines For Rental Property Listings


The following guidelines are designed for Pinellas County properties to determine whether they are eligible to be placed on the Visit St. Petersburg/Clearwater consumer website.

1. All properties requesting accommodations listings must be licensed with the State of Florida department of Business and Professional Regulation, pursuant to Chapter 509, Florida Statutes and must be a Pinellas County Bed Tax collector.

2. Accommodations must have a local phone number and address, where guests may contact the owners if there is a problem with the unit, etc. or where Pinellas County may contact the owner regarding the renter, should there be a need to.

3. Listings are for properties with at least three units. Single units are not eligible. VRBO (Vacation Rentals By Owner) organizations are not eligible.

4. Condo and/or apartment rental buildings must have an on-site property management company/front desk in order to be listed as a rental property. Properties that do not meet this requirement will be listed as Vacation Rental Management Companies.

5. Units must be rented on a year-round/short-term basis. Short-term refers to properties being rented for six months or less.

6. All properties requesting an accommodation listing that meet the above requirements must also provide a suitable property image to be included with the website listing. Properties requesting an accommodation listing should contact Visit St. Pete/Clearwater for the required application form. Note: Visit St. Pete/Clearwater has no legal requirement to include anyone in its Visitor Guide and/or web site.

Directions For Applications

To comply with Florida law, ALL accommodations and Property Management Companies must have a current Florida Lodging License. Florida Lodging Licenses expire each year on January 31st and MUST BE RENEWED by February 1st. Licensing is required and defined under Florida Statute 509.242. The CVB uses the State of Florida website to verify that all properties in Pinellas County have current licensing. Lodging license information and forms are available at the Florida DBPR Hotel/Motel Division website: Alternatively, you may call the Hotel/Motel Division of DBPR at 1.850.487.1395. To speak with a DPBR representative The CVB has provided accommodation requirements information below. Part I provides information for hotels, motels, apartments, dwellings, etc. Part II provides information for property management companies.

Part I - Accommodations License Overview

TRANSIENT establishments are classified as hotels, motels, transient apartments, dwellings and rooming houses as defined in section 509.242, FS, which are rented or leased to guests by an operator whose intention is that such guests' occupancy will be temporary.

1) All hotels, motels, apartments, dwellings and rooming houses, bed & breakfasts are required to have a current Lodging License.

2) If an individual owner of a single (1) apartment, condominium or vacation home does transient rentals, a Lodging License is required.

3) If a condominium association does transient rentals, a Lodging License is required.

4) A Time Share project number does not constitute a Lodging License. A Time Share project number allows the project to sell time-share intervals. If there are transient rentals, a Lodging License is required.

Part II - Property Management Companies License Overview

1) A Property Management Company is required to have at least one Collective License, NOT a Group License, to be listed as a Property Management Company. 2) If a Property Manager for a Real Estate Broker or a Real Estate Broker does transient rentals, their sales/brokers licenses do not cover transient housing. A Lodging License is required. Important Collective License Facts

  • COLLECTIVE LICENSE is a license issued by the division to a licensed agent who represents a collective group of rooms or units found on separate locations of resort condominiums or resort dwellings. A collective license is not for more than 75 units per license and is restricted to a county within one district. 3) Licensee may not combine condominiums and resort dwellings under the same Collective License. Resort dwellings or condominiums types require separate Collective Licenses. 4) Collective Licenses are issued for the number of units paid for, NOT a blanket 75 units per license. Licensed numbers of units are verified by CVB through Hotel/Motel Division of DBPR.. 5) DBPR requires licensee to notify Hotel/Motel Division of any increase in the number of units covered by Collective license 60 days prior to renewal.

Submit Your Application For Review